- 1-½ cups Beneforté broccoli florets, finely sliced
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup hazelnuts, cracked
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Meyer lemon juice (can substitute regular lemons)
- 4 T honey
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1.5 cups extra virgin olive oil
Combine all salad ingredients together, lightly toss with vinaigrette. Extra vinaigrette can be kept refrigerated for 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Camille Renk of Camille’s Kitchen.
Cooking decreases the glucoraphanin content of Beneforte broccoli as it does for all broccoli. The best way to get the health benefits from any broccoli is to eat it raw or lightly steamed.