Broccoli Red Quinoa
- 1 package red quinoa (cook according to instructions on box)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves, rinsed and rough chopped
- 1-½ cups Beneforté broccoli florets, roasted
- 4 green onions, thin strips
- 1 red jalapeno, minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, loosely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup water
Combine all ingredients and lightly toss with tahini dressing. Extra dressing can be kept in refrigerator for 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Camille Renk of Camille’s Kitchen.
Cooking decreases the glucoraphanin content of Beneforte broccoli as it does for all broccoli. The best way to get the health benefits from any broccoli is to eat it raw or lightly steamed.